“When Negotiation Fails”
Dates: 14th and 15th April 2021
Day 1: 9.30am – 12.30pm
- Diagnosing the Problem and Front-Line Advice (Softer options)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990
- Building Act 1984
- Environmental Protection Act 1990
- Public Request Ordering Disposal
Day 2: 9.30am – 12.30pm
- Housing Act 2004 (Improvement Notices / EDMO)
- Prevention of Damage by Pests Act 1984 / Public Health Act 1961 / LG (MP) Act 1982
- Compulsory Purchase Orders
- Community Protection Notices
- Options for Tracing Owners
- Service of Notices
- Enforced Sales Procedure (Statutory / Council Tax)
- Case Studies – finding the most effective approach
While the course will be completed at 12.30pm both days, the Trainer will be available until 1pm to discuss any specific cases or problem that delegates may have.
The course provides a good grounding in the broad range of interventions and legislation that can be applied to long term empty residential and commercial properties. Delegates will have a clear understanding of the advantageous and disadvantages of each approach and how to use the legislation in a tactical manner.
Although the course is tailored towards empty properties, a lot of the knowledge is transferrable to other areas of enforcement, particularly in relation to tracing owners and how to ensure that notices are correctly drafted and served.
The course is suitable for Empty Property Officers, Environmental Health Officers, Private Sector Housing Staff, Planners, Building Control, Street Scene and Solicitors.
The course qualifies for 6 hours and 30 mins core CPD time.
The course will be delivered via MS Teams.
Full EHN Members £115 plus vat
Associate or non-Members £150, plus vat
Please ensure that you can provide a purchase order number within 14 days of booking.
Please confirm whether you are an EHN Member or not when booking.
Booking & Contact details: