Andrew Lavender is offering an Enforcement Options (Empty Homes) course at London Borough of Barking and Dagenham, Committee Room 2 , First Floor, Barking Town Hall, Barking, IG11 7HE on Friday 27th November 2015.
There are only limited place available, so book early.
- Section 215 Town and Country Planning Act 1990
- Section 79 Building Act 1984
- Other Enforcement options including
- Building Act 1984 (dangerous Structures)
- Housing Act 2004 (Improvement Notices / EDMO)
- Prevention of Damage by Pests Act 1984 / Public Health Act 1961
- Compulsory Purchase Orders
Case Studies Section - which enforcement options would you choose?
Lunch and refreshments provided
- Enforced Sales Procedure
- Tracing owners
- Service of notices
- Case Studies – finding the most effective approach
- Difficult cases selected by the Local Authorities attending
The course provides a good grounding in the broad range of legislation that can be applied to long term empty properties. Delegates will have a clear understanding of the advantageous and disadvantages of each approach and how to use the legislation in a tactical way.
Although the course is tailored towards empty properties, a lot of the knowledge is transferrable to other areas of enforcement, particularly in relation to tracing owners and how to ensure that notices are correctly drafted and served.
The course is suitable for Environmental Health Officers, Private Sector Housing Staff, Planners, Building Control, Street Scene Staff and Solicitors
Full EHN Members: £115 plus VAT
Associate or non-Members: £150 plus VAT
If you are interested, please contact Andrew Lavender on 07867 987550 or by email email@example.com