Housing and Empty Homes Enforcement Training - 1 Day Course
Date: 18thOctober 2019
· Section 215 Town and Country Planning Act 1990
· Section 79 Building Act 1984
· Other Enforcement options including
· Building Act 1984 (Dangerous Structures)
· Housing Act 2004 (Improvement Notices / EDMO)
· Prevention of Damage by Pests Act 1984 / Public Health Act 1961
· Compulsory Purchase Orders
· Community Protection Notices
Case Studies Section- which enforcement options would you choose?
· Enforced Sales Procedure
· Tracing owners
· Service of notices
· Softer Options
· Case Studies – finding the most effective approach
The course provides a good grounding in the broad range of legislation that can be applied to long term empty residential and commercial properties. Delegates will have a clear understanding of the advantageous and disadvantages of each approach and how to use the legislation in a tactical manner.
Although the course is tailored towards empty properties, a lot of the knowledge is transferrable to other areas of enforcement, particularly in relation to tracing owners and how to ensure that notices are correctly drafted and served.
The course is suitable for Empty Property Officers, Environmental Health Officers, Private Sector Housing Staff, Planners, Building Control, Street Scene and Solicitors.
The course qualifies for 5 hours and 30 mins core CPD time.
Full EHN Members £115 plus vat
Associate or non-Members £150, plus vat
Please ensure that you can provide a purchase order number within 7 days of booking.
Please confirm whether you are an EHN Member or not when booking.
Lunch is not included in the cost of attending, an onsite Cafe is available.
Rushcliffe Borough Council
Rushcliffe Arena, Rugby Road
The Venue has Free Parking and directions can be found here