E M P L O Y M E N T O P P O R T U N I T Y
Environmental Health Officer – Enforcement
Organisation: Liverpool City Council
Job Number: LCC01996
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: 32233 - 37107 GBP Year
Closing Date: 21-01-2019
Liverpool City Council is looking to recruit to Environmental Health Officer. The successful candidate will reduce the number of Vacant Properties in the city by taking appropriate targeted enforcement action.
- Undertake routine inspections and visits to enforce relevant housing legislation
- Prepare notices, legal documents and other correspondence and provide support to the Principal Officer
- Investigate complaints and respond to service requests
- Investigate, assess and instigate enforcement action for failure to comply with statutory notices, including work in default and/or prosecution as appropriate.
- Prepare necessary notes, reports, schedules, specification, estimates, notices and other relevant correspondence, keeping records and relevant administrative and statistical details as required.
- Provide specialist advice to the planning, licensing teams and other service areas relating to housing standards and nuisance from empty premises.
- Represent the service at meetings, courts, tribunals and inquiries.
- Respond to Have Your Say Requests and requests made under the Freedom of Information Act
- Attend training courses to maintain your continued professional development
- Develop the City Council’s commitment to equal opportunities and to promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken
Please see link below for job Description, Person Specification and to apply